Sunday, April 7, 2013

Back Page - Attitude




In the comments for an earlier page called

"PEOPLE IN DOORWAYS"

fellow blogger Boobook suggested a NEW category. I realized I had several rescued photographs that fit the description. So, here they are on a new BACK PAGE called:

The "ATTITUDE".

These are photographs of people who, either by their expression or their body language seem to be saying, "Yeah, so what?" or "That doesn't seem to be any of your business" or "I'm gonna slap the taste outa your mouth."

Or possibly, "Buzz off, turkey."

Or possibly, "I'm bored."

Let's begin with the photograph that first suggested the idea, and certainly a good example it is!

One giant step

And now, two more from that same page!

A couple of toughs
Woman, fur, car

Untitled
You only think so...
Untitled
Over my dead body!
Man, coat and tie
We'll see about that.
Photobooth sleepy eyes
You make me tired.

three women
We know where you live.
Cabinet Card trio
Three women
We know where to find your liver.

Garfield saw nothing funny about it.

Indignant Woman

Woman at corner of house
You're about to get cut down to size.

tintype on plastic board
Did I ever tell you how much I like the sound of breaking bones?
Two toughs
Girl with long hair and a smirk
Yeah? You and what army?

Gentleman
You are beginning to annoy me.
Portrait
Oh, I am SOOO impressed.
Photobooth
Tiny Portrait of a woman
Let's play hide and seek. You go hide, say in Guatemala.

On the phone
No. No, Cecil can't come to the phone right now. He's ...tied up.
CDV Woman
Small boy frowns
You're not going to like this.

Untitled
Woman, 2 men,  one cigar

Hah!
three girls on the front walk

Guy and a Palm Tree
Garfield saw nothing funny about it.
Don't take my picture!

Two for the pool
Go on. Knock this chip offa my shoulder. Go on.
Two girls and a car
Oh, yeah? What hospital you want us to call?
Two girls in pants
This guy's boring the polish off my nails.

Girl in garden
I wonder if there's any gin left.
Randal
Haven't you got something better to do, somewhere else?
Cousin
Oh yeah? Well you ain't tall enough, smart enough or rich enough.

Itinerant Photographer
Lady in hat
Woman on the street

Cabinet Card portrait young man standing
You got a problem with that?
Untitled
If the right one don't get ya, then the left one will.
Three Stooges, The Beginning


Fearless
I hate this dress.
Shirley
I hate this dress.
The reluctant girl
I hate this dress.

One
You're six foot? I didn't know you could stack crap that high.
Frieda
What am I doin'? Right now I'm tryin' to restrain myself.
Girl in white dress leaning on tree

Boy in suit with cane
I consider that an insult suh, and I shall demand satisfaction.
Pat and Marjorie
Just a pause in the day's festivities.
Faded Trio
How much longer is this gonna take?

Ramona with love, Lupe
I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.
Two women
Untitled
What am I doing? Well I WAS sitting alone enjoying my privacy.

posing at the corner
You're gonna be whistlin' out of your ears in a minute.
woman, jodhpurs, horse
One of these days, these boots are gonna walk all over you.
Ima Phillis

Eupha Ladd, Aunt Lillie and Mary Ladd
Two guys and a sign
Two guys one guitar

Guy and a Palm Tree
You've got some explaining to do.
'tude.
Give us your lunch money, pigeon.
Man, cap and car
I've been waiting.

Untitled
Go on, tell us what you really think.
Check back later, I'm sure there's going to be more of this.

The most popular photographs most popular, Family Group,
An album of the most requested photographs in the Lost Gallery.

Area 51 and a Half Area 51 and a Half
You are probably not authorized to see these.

Don't take my picture! Oh! You DID didn't you! completely unaware of the photographer
This is a collection of photographs that disappear on the way home from the photo processing shop.

And don't miss
Cabinet Card Gallery
One Man's Treasure
Penny Tales
Square America
Tattered and Lost
Vernacular Photography
The best
FOUND PHOTOGRAPH
sites on the web.
And for postcards try
THE DAILY POSTCARD.

All images are the property of Lost Gallery and the author. Permission must be granted for their use. All rights reserved.

THE KIDS Lesson one.
It is always a mystery how a photograph of any of these precious children could end up lost or abandoned. Here are a few. You will probably say "Ooh..." at least once.

Dee and the Business School Dee and the Business School
The beautiful Dee. A curious story; What do you see?

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
Neiffel and Helvetica Typehigh

"What are they doing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stuff

Blog Archive

Followers